This program is designed to assist eligible households who have a past due amount on their LG&E bill due to a financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The LG&E arrearage must have occurred between March through October 2020.
Applicants must schedule an appointment using this automated appointment system. Please listen carefully because our information is constantly updated.
There are currently no restrictions on income level to receive Eviction Prevention Assistance for families and individuals financially impacted by COVID-19. However, income documentation is necessary to support entry into the program.
This LG&E Utility Assistance will operate from January 11 until funding is depleted. There are a limited number of appointments available.
Applicants must be residents of Jefferson County, Kentucky with a past due amount on their LG&E bill related to a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are no income restrictions to receive this Utility Assistance, however, income documentation is required to gain entry into the program.
For more information about other Utility Assistance programs including the LIHEAP Crisis Phase and Louisville Water Company bill assistance, visit louisvilleky.gov/RCS.
Currently all Neighborhood Place locations remain closed to walk-in clients in accordance with CDC guidelines, therefore applicants will be required to drop off all required documentations in a secure drop box at the Neighborhood Place site selected using this appointment system
On the day of your appointment, drop off your application and documentation in a drop box at the Neighborhood Place site you selected. You WILL NOT NEED
to wait at the site but within 72 hours a Neighborhood Place staff member will contact you by phone to let you know the status of your application. If you are unable to drop off your documentation on the day of your appointment, you will have to reschedule your appointment
Gather the required documentation – which is listed in more detail in this recording - and place in an envelope in the drop box. Copies of the required documentation is preferred
To continue, you will need paper and pen, your LG&E number, the last four numbers of your social security number, and date of birth ready to schedule an appointment
Eligibility for all programs is subject to program calendars, fund availability, appointment availability, verifiable household income and family size. Clients are served on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please follow all steps to receive the required confirmation number; if you do not finish the entire process your appointment may not be saved
For the LG&E Utility Assistance program, please read carefully to the required documentation to drop off on your scheduled appointment date utilizing a secure drop box in front of the location you select
- Utility Assistance Remote Processing/Declaration Form and Family Profile Form which can be downloaded at louisvilleky.gov/NeighborhoodPlace or found at the Neighborhood Place Drop Boxes
- Eviction or past due notice
- Social Security card(s) or official documentation with Social Security numbers for everyone living in the household (or Permanence Residence/Green Card)
- Current bill with a past due balance Or a brown, disconnect notice from LG&E. The arrearage must have occurred between March through October 2020
- Proof of all household income from the previous month or proof of no income. Proof of income for the previous month for anyone over the age of 18. Examples of income are:
- Check stubs for the calendar month prior to your appointment date. (These check stubs MUST show pay dates and gross income for the calendar month previous to your appointment date. If you did not receive the maximum number of checks during a month, you will need to get a verification letter from your employer stating you did not receive the maximum number
- OR, Current SSI/Social Security Award letter or Current Food Stamp Award letter
- OR, Unemployment Check Stubs
Examples of items which cannot be accepted are previous LIHEAP applications, bank statements, copies of benefit checks, and 1099 tax forms. We cannot accept K-TAP letters or Medical Coverage Letters as proof of other income.
All individuals 18 or over in the household with no income -- and no way to document that status such as a Food Stamp Award letter -- must have a Proof of No Income Form completed prior to applying for benefits. These forms are available at the Neighborhood Place Drop Box locations or online at www.louisvilleky.gov/neighborhoodplace.
Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.